Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) members are given a Universal Account Number (UAN) as a means of identification. UAN enables a Provident Fund (PF) account holder to access services, such as checking EPF balance, withdrawal without relying on the employer.
This is a unique 12-digit number you can get from activating your account on the UAN E-Sewa portal, which remains the same throughout your lifetime. Now with online services, you can generate your UAN without having to depend on employers. You can nowadays complete your UAN activation with great ease through online portals.
What Are The Documents Required To Generate Your UAN Number?
Before you start your UAN activation process, you will be required to share several ID proofs and documents on the UAN E-Sewa portal. Before applying for your UAN, you should have the following documents.
- Aadhar card
- ID proof (pan card, voter ID, driving license or passport)
- Address proof (rental agreement, ration card, or your house utility bill)
- Employee State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) card
- Bank account details (Account number, IFSC code, branch details etc.)
How To Generate Your UAN Number As An Employer (In 3 Easy Steps)?
An employer can easily generate the employee’s UAN on the EPFO employer portal. If not through the EPFO portal, you can generate the number from the UAN E-Sewa portal.
Following are the three easy steps to develop your UAN number:
- Go to the EPFO member portal
Once you are on the EPFO member portal, you must click on the tab ‘know your UAN status’ tab. This will direct you to a ‘know your UAN status’ page.
Once you get to the ‘know your UAN status’ page, you must verify yourself. Your PAN and Adhar card details will also be required. You must click on the ‘Get Authorization PIN’ option. When you select the “Get Authorization PIN” option, a PIN will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- UAN number
Once you receive the Pin on your phone, you must complete a few more steps before generating your UAN number. Click the “Validate OTP and obtain UAN” button after entering the PIN. Your mobile number will receive a message with your Universal Account Number. It can be saved for later use.
How to activate your UAN number?
Once you have generated your UAN number, you must complete the UAN activation process. The UAN E-Sewa portal makes it simple for employees to activate their UANs. You can start your UAN through these easy steps.
- Go to the UAN E-Sewa portal on its homepage, and select the ‘for employees’ option from the dropdown menu of our services.
- This will lead to a page of different services offered by the EPFO. You should select the ‘Activate UAN’.
- Enter your PF number/member ID and other information, such as your name, date of birth, mobile number, and captcha code, after choosing your state and EPF office from the dropdown menu. Your pay stubs will include your PF number or member ID.
To get the PIN on your registered cellphone number, click the “Get Authorization PIN” button.
- Enter the PIN you received on your cell phone, and click on the ‘Activate UAN’ option.
Immediately after this, you will receive your UAN. After you have completed the UAN activation process, you will receive a password on the registered cell number. You can now access the EPFO member portal with your UAN and password to view your EPF passbook. Your account information, including your balance and the contributions made by you and your employer, will be displayed in the passbook.
A UAN number is very important for employees and employers. With online portals such as the UAN E Sewa portal, it has become very easy and quick for employees to generate their UAN and complete their UAN activation.