The error Windows live mail won’t open is faced by many users and it is also easy to fix this error. Users have generally faced this issue of “Windows live mail is not responding” when they have recently made any changes to Windows such as upgrading the Windows to the latest version but Live Mail is not compatible with the new version which causes the error.
Possible Reasons & Solutions For Why Live mail won’t open error
The reasons behind the occurrence of the issue could be the
- After the upgradation of Windows, the graphics card driver conflicts or does not work properly, to fix this, users may need to check the graphics card driver and take necessary actions
- When the user has not cleared the cache & cookies and it slows or hangs the browser from working smoothly. Ergo, users must always clear the browsing history including cache & cookies.
- Live com mail login error can occur, when the device doesn’t have enough storage space for Live Mail and Windows live mail app is not installed properly because of that. To fix this users need to clear the space or buy a memory disk with more storage capability.
- Then the security software is installed on the device, it can create issues with the program running on the device such as Live Mail, and to fix this, live mail is not responding to errors, so users must disable the Security software installed on the device and there are other reasons as well.
Ways to Fix Windows live mail is not responding Error
End Wlmail.Exe And Restart Live Mail
- Users must open Windows Task Manager.
- Look for the wlmail.exe and select End Task.
- Restart Windows Live Mail to check if the “Windows live mail won’t open” issue is fixed.
Delete the Windows Live Mail Cache & Cookies
- Users must press the Windows Key + R, then type in %localappdata% to click the ok button.
- You must click on Microsoft, in the Local folder and click on Live Mail
- Then it’s necessary to locate the “cache folder” and Delete it.
Run Windows Live Mail In Compatible System Software
- Search for file wlmail.exe and select Properties.
- From the properties option on Windows, select Compatibility
- Users must check “Run this program in compatibility mode for” and choose the desired Windows System and then tap on the Apply option and finally click on Ok.
At last, Reboot the device to save the changes and see if the Live com mail login error is solved or not.
Repair Windows Essentials
- Open the Control Panel and Select Uninstall/Change, on the Windows Essential option
- Click on the repair option and follow all instructions
- The Windows Essentials Repair Process is complete.
- Finally, Reboot the device.
- And users must check if the “Windows live mail won’t open” problem is fixed or not.
Restore the Device To An Earlier Working Time
- Users must press the Windows Key + R and type in “sysdm.cpl” and
- Then they must click on the OK button.
- Reach the System Protection to select System Restore.
- Then users must click ok the Next option and choose the desired System Restore point.
- All instructions must be followed properly to Complete System Restore.
Users must Reboot or Restart their devices, to check if the “Windows live mail is not responding” issue is solved or not.
We hope that now your Live mail not opening and responding problem is completely solved now. But, If none of the above methods work, you must Contact the Customer Care Service regarding the Windows live mail issue.