Phoenix is a fantastic city for those who love the outdoors. There are plenty of hiking and biking trails, lakes, and rivers that are perfect for fishing, swimming, and kayaking. You can also explore the city’s rich culture and history by visiting its many museums and historical sites. And don’t forget to enjoy some of the city’s delicious restaurants and bars!
1. Hike to the top of Camelback Mountain
Camelback Mountain is one of the most popular hiking spots in Phoenix. The summit offers stunning views of the city.
2. Bike or walk along the canal
The canal that runs through Phoenix is a great place to go for a walk or bike ride. You can also take a boat ride or go fishing.
3. Go fishing at one of the city’s lakes or rivers
Phoenix is home to many lakes and rivers where you can go fishing. Some popular spots include Lake Pleasant, Saguaro Lake, and the Salt River.
4. Visit the Heard Museum
The Heard Museum is a great place to learn about the history and culture of the Native American people who live in Phoenix.
5. Visit the Phoenix Art Museum
The Phoenix Art Museum is one of the largest art museums in the country. It has a vast collection of art from around the world.
6. Explore the city’s history at the Pueblo Grande Museum
The Pueblo Grande Museum is a great place to learn about the history of Phoenix. It has artifacts from the early days of the city.
7. Go for a swim at one of the city’s pools
Phoenix has many public pools where you can go for a swim. The most popular ones include the Encanto Pool and the Westside Recreation Center.
8. Play golf at one of the city’s golf courses
Phoenix is home to many golf courses. The most popular ones include the Camelback Golf Club and the Talking Stick Club.
9. Visit the Desert Botanical Garden
The Desert Botanical Garden is great to see desert plants and learn about desert ecology.
10. Take a tour of the Phoenix Zoo
The Phoenix Zoo is a great place to see animals from all over the world. You can also take a safari tour or visit the petting zoo.
11. See a show at the Orpheum Theatre
The Orpheum Theatre is one of the most popular performance venues in Phoenix. It hosts a variety of shows, including concerts, plays, and musicals.
12. Go shopping at the Biltmore Fashion Park
The Biltmore Fashion Park is a famous shopping center in Phoenix. It has a variety of stores, including high-end retailers and boutiques.
13. Play mini-golf at one of the many courses around the city
Phoenix has many mini-golf courses, including the Golfland Sunsplash and the Pharaoh’s Adventure Golf.
14. Visit the Phoenix Zoo lights during the holidays
The Phoenix Zoo lights up with holiday lights during the Christmas season. It’s a great place to take the family to see Santa Claus and his reindeer.
15. See a movie at the Harkins Camelview 5
The Harkins Camelview 5 is a famous movie theatre in Phoenix. It has five screens and offers a variety of movies, including new releases and independent films.
16. Bowl at one of the city’s bowling alleys
Phoenix has many bowling alleys, including the AMF Bowling Centers and the Let it Roll Bowl.
17. Go ice skating at CityScape
CityScape is a popular outdoor plaza in Phoenix with an ice skating rink in the winter. It’s a great place to go skating with friends or family.
18. Enjoy a meal at one of the city’s many restaurants
Phoenix has a wide variety of restaurants, from casual to fine dining. The most popular ones include Pizzeria Bianco, The Breakfast Club, and The Olive & Ivy Restaurant.