Disposable nitrile gloves play a vital role in Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), which means choosing the right disposable glove to protect yourself from the workplace, Jobsite, or creating hazards. Moreover, healthcare workers, in general, need disposable gloves more than any other industry as they handle sensitive cases 24/7 a day. Therefore, they require having large quantities of disposable gloves at arm’s length.
However, numerous industries apart from healthcare also require the attention of using nitrile gloves daily, such as arts and crafts, epoxy resins, tattoo artists, food inspections, automotive workers, cleaning companies, and the list. One common misfortune of all these industries is exposure to a world of bacteria, injuries, and unknown hazards dangling on the head. The main priority of a disposable glove is to ensure it protects your hand and skin from getting in direct contact with bodily liquids, chemicals, greases, bacteria, etc.
Therefore, to understand what aspects a nitrile glove can protect your hands, we’ve compiled all the necessary information in this blog. Make sure to read it thoroughly to clarify any doubts before purchasing them.
What are Nitrile Gloves?
Nitrile gloves are a part of the disposable glove family that offers versatility at its best. They are viable for the healthcare industry because of their affordability, durability, and latex-free qualities. These gloves are synthetic and late-free, making them a more tempting option than other gloves because the chances of catching an allergy are almost zero.
Moreover, these gloves are durable and chemically resistant and easily withstand punctures. Although the previous manufacturing process of a nitrile glove used to be an expensive case, modern technology has decreased the cost affection. Hence, making them as equally affordable as latex gloves. Therefore, several people tend to choose nitrile gloves over latex often.
Nitrile gloves are available in various colors, sizes, and thicknesses, making them usable for various working fields.
Where do We Use Nitrile Gloves?
Nitrile is an ideal PPE equipment that can be helpful in numerous fields and situations. Some of the typical working environments that prefer using nitrile gloves are:
- Tattoo Artists and Parlors
- Food Inspections and Kitchen workers
- Healthcare professionals
- Automotive workers
- Cleaning companies
- Industrial plants
These are a few scaling industries that are open to their preference of using nitrile gloves. However, many other markets regularly use nitrile gloves as a part of their PPE.
What Does Nitrile Gloves Protect Against
The prime reason for manufacturing nitrile gloves is to ensure they are strong enough to withstand harsh chemicals, punctures, and bacteria so that humans don’t get contaminated. Additionally, wearing the right set of hand protection can create a barrier between your hands and skin irritations, burns, and cuts. Moreover, nitrile gloves are exemplary in handling technical machinery.
There are two types of contact infatuated with nitrile; they are the following:
- Incidental contact: in such condition that contact of the glove with the substance is minimal. In such cases, the glove’s material and the wearer’s hand are enough to protect the skin.
- Extended Contact: This contemplated prolonged exposure, such as working with heavily contaminated substances. These include submerging your hands into the contamination for more than necessary, undergoing extreme temperatures, and handling sharp objects.
One thing to remember is that the ability of nitrile to protect a substance depends mainly on the thickness of the material. Thicker nitrile gloves are used for more prolonged experiences where the wearer needs to be in contact with the substance for more than an hour.
What Does Nitrile Gloves Offer Barriers Against
On that note, let’s dive into the elements that nitrile offers barriers against.
- Weak Acids; Nitrile offers sufficient protection against sulfuric acids and nitric acids. Offering resistance to these acids makes nitrile a versatile choice.
- Oils and petroleum products; Oils have a blend of various substances that can irritate and cause skin rashes, primarily commercial area oils. Nitrile is a barrier between the oil residue and the wearer to ensure no direct contact.
- Micro-organism: The healthcare department cannot survive without a good pair of disposable nitrile gloves only because it protects doctors, nurses, and workers from contracting with potential micro-organisms that can affect one’s health.
- Organic Solvents: Nitrile resistance is immaculate when withstanding organic solvents. Therefore, it’s one of the first choices of all Pharmaceuticals and laboratories worldwide.
We hope this blog helped clear all the doubts about what nitrile is capable of doing and protecting. We all need to wear gloves so we don’t host a potential disease on our name, especially after the Covid-19 pandemic. Moreover, if you’re a buyer looking for nitrile gloves in bulk quantities, hit up Wholesale UK Store best wholesale central UK, and avail significant profit margins with affordable prices.