Plastic compounding is a technique where plastic is blends and melts with antioxidants, reinforcements, and plastics to enhance plastic materials’ physical, aesthetic, electrical, and thermal characteristics.
The rise demand for plastics from the package sector is expects to enhance the demand for the product.
Moreover, the rise adoption of plastics from the electrical and electronics industry is expects to enhance the demand for the compounds process.
These factors may incite remunerative opportunities for the industry.
As per Fortune Business Insights™ estimates, the plastic compounding market size is expect to touch USD 87.11 billion by 2026 at a CAGR of 6.5% during the forecast period.
Post COVID-19 Impact
Rapid Automation in Industries Aided in Plastic Compounding Market Expansion
The industry is slowly reviving amidst the post-COVID-19 phase.
The relaxation of lockdown, the resumption of lockdown, and rapid automation in industries enhancs the demand for the plastic compound process.
Furthermore, the increase demand for high-quality plastics from the electronics industry enhance the adoption of the process.
Moreover, the growing demand for the process from the package industry is likely to generate remunerative opportunities.
In addition, extensive demand from the construction and automotive manufacture industries is expected to enhance the industry growth.
Factors Driving the Industry
Growing Adoption in the Packaging Sector
- The grows demand for the process from the package industry is likely to enhance its adoption.
- With increase demand for ready-to-cook and packaged foods, the demand for effective and robust materials is likely to grow exponentially.
- The package material provides extreme rigidity and protects brittle materials from rains and contamination.
- These factors may enhance the industry’s growth in the coming years.
Increasing Adoption of Compounded Plastics in the Construction Industry
The rapidly develope construction industry is expects to enhance the demand for better materials.
The integration of the process for the production of pipes, cables, doors, and windows is likely to enhance its demand.
Furthermore, the increase demand for the process in several residential projects is expected to enhance the industry’s growth.
Furthermore, the increased adoption of the process in commercial projects is expects to foster the adoption of plastic compounds. Compounded plastics reinforce materials and enhance their strength.
Moreover, the increase demand for attractive interiors is likely to bolster the adoption of the process.
Strong Demand for Lightweight Materials for Automobile Parts Production
The rising demand for compound plastics for automobile parts may fuel the industry’s growth.
The increase demand for lightweight materials required for automotive production may facilitate plastic compound demand from the industry.
Furthermore, strong demand for fuel-efficient and low-emission vehicles is expect to enhance the demand for the product.
The material is consider to be an ideal alternative to heavyweight materials.
These factors are likely to enhance the industry’s progress.
Factors Hampering the Industry’s Progress
Raw Material Price Fluctuations
- Constant fluctuations in raw materials are likely to hamper the industry’s growth.
- Further, as crude oil and its alternatives act as derivatives for resin production, the adoption of plastic compound techniques may increase exponentially.
- These factors are likely to act as restraints for the industry.
Strategies Undertaken by Manufacturers
Several manufacturers focus on the development of effective strategies to mitigate challenges.
For example, BASF enhanced the production capacity of its compound facility situated in Altamira, Mexico, in May 2019.
The rising production capacity may allow the company to meet the global plastics engineer demand. Furthermore, automation has enabled companies to elevate their production capacities.
Moreover, investments in research & development may empower manufacturers to enhance their offerings significantly.
Report Aim & Scope:
- An overview of the market based on geography scope, segments and financial performance of key players is presents in the report.
- The report presents the estimate market size by the end of forecast period. Additionally, the historical and current market size is also examine in the report.
- Based on various indicators, the Year on Year growth (%) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the given forecast period is offers.
- The report presents current trends in the industry and future scope of the market in North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America and Europe.
- The various parameters accelerating the growth of the market are incorporate in the research report.
- The report analyzes growth rate, market size and valuation of the market during the forecast period.
Robust Demand from Several Sectors Promises Remunerative Growth Opportunities
Rising applications of plastic compounding from the automotive, package, and other industries suggest that the industry is guaranteed to grow significantly in the coming years.
The COVID-19 pandemic presented huge challenges.
However, manufacturers devised several strategies to counter the challenges presented and came up with solutions to resume sales and production.
Thus, it can be observed that the strategies implemented promise positive growth opportunities.
About the author:
Anirudh Rao is a graduate of Mass Communication and Journalism. He loves writing and watching films.
He has a passion for business studies and expertise in paper research.
Besides writing, he loves photography, cinematography, storytell, music-make, and filmmake.